An idea to collaboratively manage and restructure and repair a city to improve the quality of life.
A city is an important public resource. There are issues like cleanliness, property damage, etc. in a city that often go overlooked for a long period of time. We wanted to build a platform that would empower everyone to bring attention to pressing problems. Collaboration makes it easy to address a problem that is usually difficult to address on an individual level.
What it does?
Urban repair helps the residents to monitor, upload, and tag issues that the city is facing via posts, messages, and tagged pictures tied to a location on the map.
- Latest feed browsing containing all the recent issues along with images uploaded.
- Highlighting the incident to bring it to the notice of concerned authorities.
- Markers are placed on the map tied to each incident, which can be clicked to reveal an image and information about the incident.
- Automatic tagging of images based to help segregate and manage metadata for topics on issues around the city.
- In-app messaging service to discuss pressing topics. It would also support to request/offer help needed to solve the incident.
Urban Repair is packaged as a web app to offer cross-platform (iOS/Android/Desktop) support to users.
- Chat: Direct message and group chat functions add the benefits of contextual in-app chat for users.
- File-Sharing: Powerful & secure file(pictures) sharing.
- Feeds: For communicating and collaborating.
- Tasks: Managing Action items around issues around the city.
- React.js (Typescript): Front End of the app.
- Node.js: Backend for Urban Repair
- Maps API (Open street maps): Open source map API for location in a city.
- Microsoft Azure Vision API: For image tagging and identification.